Hablamos Español & Nou Pale Kreyòl
Free Consultations

Thinking About Hiring a Public Adjuster?

 Posted on December 03, 2018 in Uncategorized

Why Might Hiring an Experienced Insurance Claims Attorney Be a Better Option?

Was your home or business damaged by a hurricane, flood, wind, water, fire, or lightning? If so, you have a few options. You can handle the insurance claim on your own, you can hire a public adjuster, or you can hire an insurance claims attorney who is experienced in handling property damage losses. In most cases, we believe that hiring an attorney will be your best choice.

Public Adjusters Can Help Obtain Favorable Settlements

Sometimes public adjusters can handle claims on their own. For example, if an insurance company has acknowledged coverage for your entire claim— and if the insurance company’s representatives are knowledgeable, conscientious and fair— a public adjuster should be able to obtain a favorable settlement for you. However, if this is not the case, there is often not much more that public adjusters can do. At this point, they will typically advise you to hire a law firm to take over the handling of your claim. You may then feel like you’re starting over. Further, you will then be bound by two contracts— one with the public adjuster and one with the law firm. And to make matters worse, it could now take longer and could cost more to resolve your claim than if you simply hired an experienced attorney from the beginning.

When To Hire a Property Damage Lawyer

A law firm that is well versed in property damage claims— especially a law firm that has experience with construction issues— can handle your claim from the very beginning to the very end.

In addition to protecting your legal rights throughout the process, the firm can evaluate the following:

  • Calculate damages
  • Compile the necessary documents
  • Submit a detailed presentation to your insurance company
  • Negotiate a settlement of your claim

In short, your law firm can do everything that a public adjuster can do— and far more. If the insurance company wrongly denies any portion of your loss, there is no need for delay. Your attorney is already intimately familiar with your property and every aspect of your loss and can promptly file suit against your insurance company to resolve your claim.

For a free consultation, contact the Law Offices of John D. Ameen, P.A.

Call me personally if you have any questions or if you would like to discuss your property damage loss. As a former state-certified general contractor, I know the construction issues as well as the legal ones, and my goal in every case is to obtain the maximum recovery for our clients.

Share this post:
Back to Top